Our Patient Participation Group ( PPG )
The Patient Participation Group here at The Schoolhouse Surgery met for the first time on Wednesday 7th December 2011. The overall aim of the group is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients' needs.
The key roles of the group are to :
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the practice and the community it serves.
- To bring a sense of partnership between practice and patient.
- Provide an avenue for patients' input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, and to influence those services.
- Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
- Support the practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health literacy.
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services.
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community, information about the practice.
Our Patient Participation Group Membership
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG, although in the interests of effective decision making, membership of the core group will be limited. Specialist sub groups may be formed to deal with specific topics utilising individual skills and interests. The group will meet on a regular basis. Anyone who thinks they have something to contribute is welcome to apply.We would like to encourage all our patients, men and women, older people, younger people, people with young children, carers, the wide range of people within the Disley community, to come forward and help us improve and develop our services. If you are interested in applying to become a member of our PPG or wish to get involved in a specific area from time to time please ask at Reception for an information pack.